The OMEGA CENTER is looking for a candidate to fill the following position:
The Omega Center is an online forum focused on education, formation, and inspiration in the converging fields of science and theology. It exists to promote and support the work of Ilia Delio, OSF. By engaging science and theology through the lens of her work, visitors are encouraged to:
- Think: focusing on issues which draw upon science and religion.
- Become: providing contemplative forms of integration, participatory reflection, and responsive creativity.
- Act: inviting visitors to:
- engage their local communities in Omega-related discussion;
- join the dynamic online learning platform done in community at the Omega Center;
- participate in Omega events.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION:
Reporting to Ilia Delio and her Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall operational responsibility for Omega Center programs and the expansion and execution of its mission. She or he will assist the work of Ilia and her Board to develop core Omega Center programs, operations, and business plans and will plan and direct a long-term development effort to sustain the Center.
Leadership & Management:
- Emphasize programmatic excellence, rigorous evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration.
- Ensure fundraising and communications meet the timing and resource goals needed to achieve the Business Plan.
- Actively engage and energize Omega Center volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of board committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing local, national, and global initiatives.
- Regularly evaluate program components so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to Ilia, the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Since the majority of the ED salary will come through external funding, grant writing and development are essential to the position.
- Expansion of revenue through generating fundraising activities will also be required to support existing program operations and expansion.
- The ED will deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand recognition.
- The ED will identify and develop new revenue opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
In addition to fundraising and communications, the ED will:
- Position the Omega Center for international expansion.
- Complete the strategic business planning process.
- Assist Ilia in building new partnerships, including relationships with potential and ongoing funders, as well as leaders in science and theology.
- Publish and/or communicate program results with an emphasis on models for regional, national or global replication.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Ilia’s vision and the mission of the Omega Center. All candidates will have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Optimal requirements include:
- Advanced degree; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Proven fundraising ability; strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Flexible base salary with incentives including bonuses based on meeting performance goals.
- Flexible work situation.
Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include resume and cover letter detailing interest in the position. Reference letters upon request.
Deadline for submission: August 1, 2018.
PDF copy of Executive Director position here.